Other Versions

Dec 15, 2009 at 10:38 PM

How hard would it be to add KJV?

Coordinator
Dec 16, 2009 at 7:20 PM
Edited Dec 16, 2009 at 7:21 PM

pferril,

I am currently working on creating a way to have multiple translations. In the mean time you can edit the text of any verse by:

1. Highlight the passage reference in the tree view
  2. Right click then choose Edit (or in version 1.0.0.1 File->Edit verse)
  3. Change the text (either type the text from your bible or copy from an online source i.e. biblegateway.org)
  4. Click OK to save the passage.

Alternately, if you are computer savvy, there is a file called verses.xml that is located next to the exe file.

1. Close JoshuaOneEight.exe
  2. Open verses.xml in an editor
  3. Make your changes
  4. Relaunch JoshuaOneEight.exe

If anything goes wrong you can delete the verses.xml file and relaunch the program to get the initial copy back.

Thanks,
Jerod

Dec 16, 2009 at 7:26 PM
So if I can get the entire KJV into XML that should work?

I think I have a very old text file with each verse of every book on a single line of text. Shouldn't be too big a deal with a little Python to create the right XML file.

tnx

On Wed, Dec 16, 2009 at 2:21 PM, jhoughtelling <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

pferril,

I am currently working on creating a way to have multiple translations. In the mean time you can edit the text of any verse by:

1. Highlight the passage reference in the tree view
  2. Right click then choose Edit (or in version 1.0.0.1 File->Edit verse)
  3. Change the text (either type the text from your bible or copy from an online source i.e. biblegateway.org)
  4. Click OK to save the passage.

Iif you are computer savvy, there is a file called verses.xml that is located next to the exe file.

1. Close JoshuaOneEight.exe
  2. Open verses.xml in an editor
  3. Make your changes
  4. Relaunch JoshuaOneEight.exe

If anything goes wrong you can delete the verses.xml file and relaunch the program to get the initial copy back.

Thanks,
Jerod

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (joshua18@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email joshua18@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Coordinator
Dec 16, 2009 at 7:34 PM

It should be a fairly easy to create the xml from a python script since the format is pretty simple. However, I would be curious to know how the performance would be if you do the entire bible. My guess is that it would horrible with the current version. That is something I can look at though if needed.

Dec 16, 2009 at 7:38 PM
I was thinking whole Bible but you just need the verses you're memorizing.

Gotcha.

On Wed, Dec 16, 2009 at 2:34 PM, jhoughtelling <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

It should be a fairly easy to create the xml from a python script since the format is pretty simple. However, I would be curious to know how the performance would be if you do the entire bible. My guess is that it would horrible with the current version. That is something I can look at though if needed.

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (joshua18@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email joshua18@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com